Hi, I’m Gill, a photographer based in Melbourne. I’m trained in both professional writing and in photography. My background gives me the perfect combination of skills to tell your story through photographs.
I take a lifestyle approach to my photography and keep my style natural and honest. I aim for your photos to be joyful, relaxed and to show the real YOU.
I’m drawn to easy-going people who are ready to open up and give me a glimpse into their world for us to create something beautiful together. Something that you’re going to want to hang on the walls of your home and will give you ‘the feels’ every time you walk past.
Below are a few fun and random facts about me.
- I’ve always loved taking photos and can remember spending many weekends as a kid, dropping off film to be developed and impatiently waiting to pick up my prints.
- I’m married to my best friend and we have two children together. Our daughter is 5. She keeps us on our toes and has a heart of gold. It’s what I love most about her. And then there’s our son, who is 1. He’s a monkey who loves to unpack the kitchen cupboards and scare me by climbing the furniture. He’s also got the sweetest nature and a killer smile.
- I love tea, especially black tea. I would drink it all day if I could.
- I believe dogs really are mans best friend…but actually I’m a sucker for most animals.
- I love to cook and find it therapeutic.
- I love summer, especially long summer nights.
- I love using natural light in my photos.
- I believe chocolate is one of life’s necessities. It certainly is one of MINE!
- Long walks clear my head.
- I love to travel and have also lived in 4 countries. America, Australia, Germany and South Africa.
- I love to write.
- I think the sunset is beautiful and it’s my favourite time of the day to take photos.
- I love the thought that I get to create something beautiful for people to hang on the walls of their home.
If you’ve made it this far, then well done to you and thanks for stopping by. If you think we’d have a lot of fun together and I sound like somebody you’d want to take your photos, then I can’t wait to hear from you.